Timothy D. Moratzka is a nationally-known expert in commercial lending and lending related litigation, fraud litigation, mortgage foreclosure, debtor-creditor remedies, bankruptcy, work-out and related matters. In addition, he works extensively in corporate finance matters, small business and franchise transfers, and taxation problems and fraud issues arising out of liquidations. Tim serves as general counsel to several financial institutions and national corporations operating in the commercial and consumer credit arena. Tim has been on the Board of Directors of a regional national bank since 1979.
Tim also serves as a bankruptcy trustee on the United States Trustee’s panel of private trustees. He has been a trustee in bankruptcy since 1967. Tim is a member of the Bank Holding Company Association, Turnaround Management Association, Asset Based Finance Association, Risk Management Association, American Bankruptcy Institute, the Mortgage Bankers Association, Minnesota and American Bar Associations, and the National Association of Bankruptcy Trustees.
He serves as frequent lecturer at national and regional seminars on bankruptcy at the National Conference of Bankruptcy Judges, and other related matters. He has been chosen by his peers as a “Super Lawyer” in Minnesota Law & Politics. He served as the Chief Manager of Mackall, Crounse & Moore, PLC from 2001 to 2011. He has served as a contributing editor to the American Bankruptcy Institute Journal and has authored articles in law reviews and other periodicals.
- As a Chapter 7 and Chapter 11 Trustee has administered hundred of millions of dollars in assets in Field Financial Corporation and Max Wayne Field, Sun Country Airlines, Health Risk Management, Electric Vehicle Corp., SpectraScience, Calstar, Inc., ComData, Racing Services, Inc., K-Tel International, USA, Inc., Canterbury Inn/Scottland Hotels, BioConX, Excelsior Park, Investment Dynamics Corporation and hundreds of other cases. These cases included forensic investigation, and substantial litigation over bankruptcy, UCC, fraudulent transfers, corporate bankruptcy taxation and other issues.
- As counsel for Debtors, institutional creditors, shareholders or franchisors has litigated and negotiated financial restructuring in Gedney Foods, Budget Power, Moeller Ranches, Hyman Freightways, Stockwalk, Inc. and hundreds of other cases.
- Represented Great American Insurance in mass tort bankruptcy litigation and a number
of banks in golf course foreclosure and workouts.
Law Firm Management
- Has represented lead lenders and participating lenders in claims exceeding $100
million arising out of commercial loans and sub prime consumer credit in several states.
- Has represented agricultural lenders in numerous states in loan workouts.
- Handled millions of dollars of commercial and participation loan documentation in
several states as lender’s counsel.
- Chief Manager of Mackall, Crounse & Moore, PLC from 2001 to 2011.