Martin V. Aydelott is the head of the Estates and Trusts Department at Mackall, Crounse & Moore. With over 30 years of experience in the area. Martin has counseled scores of families on wealth management and intergenerational administrative difficulties, balancing tax planning with each family’s individual administrative needs. He serves as trustee for multiple trusts established for the benefit of such families.
Martin is also experienced in litigating probate and trust disputes, including competence concerns, undue influence allegations, and constructive trust issues.
- Worked with the legislature on the adoption and amendment of the current Minnesota Probate Code on behalf of the Minnesota Newspaper Association.
- Litigated, through appeal, procedural issues relating to the Minnesota guardianship and conservatorship statutes.
- Frequent CLE lecturer regarding estate tax, gift tax, and fiduciary income tax matters.
- Served as audit counsel, including appellate procedures, on estate and gift tax matters.
- Acted as trial counsel in trust administration and distribution disputes.
- Acted as trial counsel in will disputes (competence and undue influence) and probate administration matters (fraud and malfeasance).
- Over 30 years’ experience in wealth distribution planning, including wills, trusts, family partnerships, private foundations, and charitable trusts.